I have been meaning to post this for a while but I kept putting it off because I felt guilty. Guilty that I haven’t worked out in almost 2 weeks, 2 WEEKS!!! However it was beyond my control. The only reason I have finally decided to post this is because I plan to get back into my workout routine it today.
I successfully completed the workout schedule! However, I took a weeks break between Beta and Gamma to recover from running a half marathon which I made up for by doing week 1 of Gamma twice. I won’t go into too much detail about the DVD itself because I think I have more than covered that in my previous reviews which can all be found here: https://funkyforyou.wordpress.com/tag/focus-t25/
General pros and cons of the DVD are below:
- Only takes 30 minutes
- Shaun T and his demonstrators are motivating
- The modified workouts are actually modified! Even if you have never done any form of exercise, you can do them!
- There’s enough variety to stop you from getting bored
- Despite it being just 30 minutes, you work up a serious sweat!
- You don’t need much space or equipment (a mat/mini mat, some weights, a bottle of water and a towel)
- There’s a good balance of cardio and strength training
- Some of the workout sequences can be a bit tough to get the hang of if your general coordination is not very good, especially in the Speed videos.
- The warm up and cool down sections may be too short for some
- To really get great results, this DVD is best paired with a great meal plan. Since it’s only 30 minutes, you need all the help you can get to get that body into shape so get a great meal plan to keep those calories down!
- This is not really a con but I think it’s worth mentioning: too many burpees!!! I detest burpees with a passion, Shaun T is evil.
I got rid of some belly fat, toned my arms and increased my general strength ( I can now do a full pull up!). I lost about 3-5 inches all over (arms, waist, thighs) and about 5kgs too!
I am not concerned about weight as much as I am about fat. At this point I would like to tone, shred more stomach fat and lose a few inches on my thighs, nothing major.
Overall the dreams Shaun T sells are real. If you keep up with the program and don’t slack diet wise, this will give you good results.
And yes I will show some before and after pictures soon!
On to the next one…
For my next DVD I am giving Tony Horton’s P90x3 a try. It is also a Beachbody DVD so the formula is pretty similar to Shaun T’s. 30 mins, about 3 months to complete and unlike Focus T25 there are 3 types of calendars to chose from that are formulated for different goals (building mass, getting lean, or general weight loss). It also comes with a nutrition guides that work in tandem with the various calendars. I will give more details about the DVD after I successfully reach week 2. I also want to start my abs and squat challenges again and finish them this time around!
So that’s it! I personally love this DVD and will definately be coming back to it in a couple of months after my body forgets the pain.