Its been a while since I have been moved by a dancer/dance crew but I have found one! Through some random link following I came across Les Twins. They are twin brothers of Guadalupean descent from France. They’re area of expertise is hiphop new style dancing and they do it quite well! They are also part of a larger crew from France known as Criminalz Crew. Their achievements include:
- winning the hip-hop new style tournament at the street dance competition Juste Debout in 2011
- appearing on the television show Incroyable Talent and The Ellen DeGeneres Show.
- performing with Beyoncé Knowles
- appearing in Jay-Z’s “That’s Rocawear” video on YouTube
- appearing in the music video for “La Gloria” by French-Argentine band Gotan Project.
- traveling with Cirque du Soleil’s “Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour” as featured dancers until December, 2011 when their relationship with the show ended.
- touring with Missy Elliot.
Their most endearing quality for me, aside from their dance skills, is their ability to put on a show with their performances. They don’t use props or incredibly crazy locations, just the immediate space around them. They can easily carry an emotion through their dancing or portray a mood. Their personality also comes through their dance style and it makes you feel like you know them from just watching them dance. They are very good at being humorous too! My rambling shall cease here, see for yourself below.
I think I have watched this performance a million times!!! I love it!
This is another favorite of mine! I love how it’s shot and the way they worked with the music. They have an incredible awareness of each other and never miss a beat. I’m sure they practice for hours on end!
Here they are performing with Beyonce at the Billboard music awards.
And here’s a video of them battling another dancing duo. Their timing is perfect!
Here is a clip of one of the twins dancing to “You’re a jerk” by the New Boyz.